Accesso al pannello di amministrazione dell'eshop >> (Questo messaggio lo vedi solo tu!)

About us

Schola S.Zaccaria is named after Campo San Zaccaria in Venice, where it was founded in 1983 by the architect Gianfranco Missiaja, together with Maria Teresa Furlan.

The first panting dates back to 1961. The Schola has always been deeply connected to Venetian traditions and this is especially evident in its art works, that span many fields, such as scenic design, Commedia dell'arte, original masks, interpretations of Venice, architecture and design.

Gianfranco Missiaja was born in Venice in 1947 where he currently lives and works.He studied at the Venice State Institute of Art, the Academy of Fine Arts and graduated in architecture with honors. He has been teaching Design for 21 years with the Laboratory Management.

Appointed External Commissioner for Artistic Maturity in Art History, he was invited by numerous Italian Cultural Institutes to exhibit his works abroad, decreeing success through participation in more than 90 international exhibitions around the world. In 2021 he was invited to the Venice International Biennale.

He has published numerous books on Art Criticism, the most recent on the Reasoned Guide to the 57th Venice International Biennale of Art

On the Magazine, he regularly writes art criticisms and film reviews as a special correspondent at the Venice International Film Festival